In the US it is standard practice to engage interns to deliver a meaningful proportion of the surplus assets reuse program- we found that out in a recent study we conducted. Download here.
As ever we want to help improve reuse so we are going to create an interns/apprenticeship pack that you can use to find, recruit, train and engage interns to help deliver your reuse program.
We use the term work experience, apprenticeship and/ or intern as the same thing- a junior temporary member of staff.
You can help us make this pack the best it can be!
We want to know:
- What you need from us to help you engage interns/apprenticeships
- What you need to get interns/apprenticeships set up and contributing towards the management of your reuse system.
- We want to know your top tips for managing interns/ apprenticeships!
IF YOU ARE A REUSE INTERN OR APPRENTICESHIP PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD'VE LOVED TO RECEIVE ON DAY ONE, TO HELP YOU SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE!
From this we will produce a intern/ apprenticeships pack designed to be used to:
- plan the engagement of your interns (job descriptions etc)
- welcome your intern
- get your intern up to speed with reuse, get your intern trained up on Warp It,
- show them how to develop communication campaigns etc.
Everyone who contributes will also be entered into a prize draw to win some Adidas sneakers made out of ocean plastic litter!
Please also pass this on to any interns, apprenticeships or student interns, that works in your reuse program so we can get the support requirements from the horses mouth.