We try to automise reuse as much as possible so that you and your staff and your colleagues can get on with other priorities.
Sometimes it helps if we explain how an surplus asset flows through our system to demonstrate the benefits of an automatic reuse system.
- Items are deemed surplus and can be reused.
- Items are then added to the Warp It platform by staff. See here how easy it is to add items.
- Items are given an ‘available from’ date and an ‘advertise until’ date.
- Available from is when the items actually stop being used by someone else.
- Advertise until is when they have to be relocated by.
- Items are advertised WITHIN the organisation first. If the wish list function is being used then matches can be found immediately which reduces the need for storage and double handling.
- If you are pre loading assets before a building move, the items are usually not available yet, but will be in the future , then staff and 3rd parties can add the item to their watch list.
When a claim takes place
- The two parties (claimant and member who listed the item) get messages telling them what to do next. This message can be customised. This is important because the new owner needs to know what to do to transfer the asset from A to B.
- These messages help to link up the two parties and also logistics.
- Transport requests also fire. The responsibility for moving the asset can be handled internally or the passed to the new owner. More details here.
- The system tracks who gets what and how many. So it is clear to the logistics people who and what to deliver. No more stacks of emails!
- The system also counts out how many assets are being claimed, so if you start at 100 chairs..it counts out all the way to zero then the asset is removed. No need to update numbers etc.
If the item is not claimed internally
- It can be moved into storage and re-listed. In which case the store manager gets an email advising on the expired item. The store manager then logs in and under "Stored items" extends the item dates. The items are then viewable online in the virtual store and can be claimed as above.
- If you do not have storage and the item is not claimed internally, the asset can be advertised externally.
- X days before the ‘advertise until’ date, the item/s will become available to 3rd parties. X can equal 5-90 days and depends on how many items you have and how desperate you are to make sure they get reused. We call these ‘share days’.
If the item is claimed externally
- The 3rd party received a different customisable message telling them what to do.
- The 3rd party can then come and take that item away at their own cost.
- The legal agreement is signed electronically to manage liability.
If no claim is made before the deadline, internally or externally
- The person who added it will receive a prompt 5 days before the deadline, asking if they would like to extend the deadline, or telling them what to do to get the item collected for disposal (this message is customisable so you can link it to your disposal request procedure).
- When the deadline is reached, the person responsible for disposals will get an email also. (this message is customisable so you can link it to your disposal request procedure).
- The record is then automatically removed form the marketplace.
How to you get people to change behaviour or change policy?
A large part of the system is that we track the savings. See here. The savings are used as evidence to increase participation and get more resources put into reuse.
We also provide you with a spectrum of resources to maximise reuse for example:
Not only do we facilitate the reuse of items, we make it smooth and simple along with customisable messages that make the process a whole load easier for you so you can concentrate on other things!