We have big news for Warp It members who are looking to donate assets into their local community, who really want to boost their CSR, and would like to help those who need and want it.
We have just introduced free access for all schools!
Right now, schools really need help.
Schools need stationery, they need chairs for pupils, they need sports equipment, and they need desks of all sizes.
We used to charge £50 for schools for the year but we have dropped this to remove the financial barrier and give schools free access.
This move was inspired by news articles like this and also hearing the same sort of story locally where we live.
We see surplus stationery and educational equipment everyday on a massive scale so we think making this move is actually a duty of ours to take advantage of the power of our network.
How can you help?
Using Warp It, you can link up and make connections with local schools, and then add them to your priority 2 or priority 3 distribution lists.
This means if your staff do not want any of your items they can be advertised further afield. (See here for explanation)
Here’s what you need to do…
- Log in as admin.
- Go to ‘Build networks’. (Guide)
- Click the search button and insert the term schools to bulk friend request all schools!
- Or you can search any combination of these terms
- South East Schools
- South West Schools
- East Midlands Schools
- West Midlands Schools
- North East Schools
- North West Schools
- Welsh Schools
- Scottish Schools
- The search results will show a list of schools on a regional basis.
- Send a friend request to the regional set of schools.
- These school will now be a part of you Priority 2 settings
- If you have your priority 3 settings open then schools outside your area can still pick up your surplus assets should local schools not require.
The benefit of befriending local schools
4 huge benefits!
1) This is the fun part. Giving to schools is incredibly rewarding. You immediately find a good, consistent reuse route for assets that would otherwise be disposed of in a skip. This is good and it reduces your workplace’s waste liability.
2) You’re building amazing relationship sin the community. Who knows what opportunities that will unearth.
3) There is also a great news story that is awesome for PR. Giving items to struggling local schools, demonstrating compassion, leadership, and environmental savviness - you’re going to look like heroes!
4) You can use this activity to re-promote Warp It to your members. Most of your Warp It users will have some affiliation with local schools, whether it’s through their kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, or friends. So, you can take this opportunity to promote this initiative to your members . This will get your staff more involved in reuse internally but also externally.
How can you encourage your members to get their school involved?
You send them an email through Warp It. The purpose of the email is to make your members aware that you are now in a position to donate assets to their favourite school, and then ask members to get in touch with the school and make sure that they sign up to Warp It for free.
- Log in as admin.
- Click ‘email all members’.
- Copy and paste the content of the email template below into the content creator.
- Click send.
Dear Warp It members:
Thank you for using our reuse system and making it the success that it is. Did you know that you can advertise assets internally and if they are not required they can be donated to local schools?
If you are involved with a local school either as a parent, grandparent governor etc then make sure the school is signed up on the system so they can access our surplus assets..
Please send your local school the following excerpt so they can sign up and start to access our service assets:
The Warp It reuse system is a network whereby schools can access free corporate assets like stationery, chairs, desks, cabinets, sports equipment etc. There is no charge to join and the surplus assets are free, too. Please register here to start to access free corporate assets in your area.
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions about the function of this service, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.